We are looking for innovative programmes and activities that broaden and enhance the Tamil Language proficiency of students and other Tamil Language users in our multicultural society. These programmes and activities should contribute to a deeper understanding and appreciation of the Tamil Language, literature and culture amongst its participants and the community at large.
The proposed programmes and activities (included, but not limited to) can be in the form of the following:
- Workshops, courses, seminars,
- Learning Journeys
The proposed programmes and activities can be tailored for any of the following:
- Students from Preschools, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools, Junior Colleges / Centralized Institutes or Institutes of Higher Learning
- Tamil Language teachers
- Parents of students from Pre-schools, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools, Junior Colleges / Centralized Institutes or Institutes of Higher Learning.
- Non-profit organisations, schools, Institutes of Higher Learning and Indian Activity Executive Committees (IAECs).
Please submit the completed application form (in both pdf and word document format via email), together with a detailed proposed budget and a program proposal of not more than 3 pages to:
Please provide a detailed breakdown of the expenditure that will be incurred in carrying out the programme / activity. Funding will be granted in full or partial at the discretion of TLLPC. All applications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
The proposed programmes and activities will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Relevance to the objectives of TLLPC
- Impact and Outreach
- Sustainability of Programmes and Activities
- Credentials of Organisation/Individual
The approval process may take up to 2 months. Fund applications must reach the TLLPC Secretariat at least 3 months before the intended date of programme.
Successful applicants will be required to sign a Funding Agreement with TLLPC. The signed Funding Agreement will need to be mailed back to the TLLPC Secretariat. The funded program or activity, subject to the listed terms and conditions, can only be carried out after the Funding Agreement has been signed.
TLLPC reserves the right of discretion and non-disclosure of reasons for unsuccessful applications. Decisions made by the Committee are final and appeals will not be entertained.
- TLLPC reserves the right to change or make modifications to the programmes or activities suggested by applicants.
- TLLPC reserves the right to allocate any amount that commensurate with the proposed programmes or activities.
- TLLPC does not provide legal advice to applicants. Applicants should seek their own independent professional advice regarding all financial and legal matters including compliance with any statutory obligations.
- TLLPC funding may only be used for the purposes specified in the application. Once TLLPC has agreed to provide funding, no substantial change to the project shall be made without the consent of TLLPC.
- Applicants are wholly responsible for their own debts.
- Public acknowledgement of TLLPC’s approved funding is expected. Publications should clearly acknowledge the support of TLLPC (TLLPC logo to be displayed).
- In the event of information request regarding the present funding application, the applicant will be consulted before any confidential information is disclosed.
- When the funding is approved, the amount of funding, the purpose for which the funds are granted and the name of the organisation receiving the funding will be regarded as public information. Photographs of events may be used for TLLPC publicity and outreach.
- TLLPC would like to thank you for taking the time to complete and submit an application for the funding.